5.21.2011

THE SCORPION PAPERS

EXCLUSIVE! EXCLUSIVE! EXCLUSIVE!
ANONYMOUS POSTS THE SCORPION PAPERS
29. May 20, 2010 10:51 AM  in response to: XXXXXXX
Re: Is it ok to play as a female avatar if you are reallife male ? and do I have to tell anybody? 

Nathaniel Scorpio wrote: My original avi was female (we can assume gNat is the "alt") played as her for two years. I still bring her out now and then as a change of pace.

I always made it very clear in both profile and chat that I would not give any RL details. My assumption then, my assumption still, is that anyone who was bothered that I wouldn’t provide any verification of who I claimed to be didn’t deal with me and the people who couldn’t care less about who I was in RL did deal with me.  By the way, that’s part of the reason I got tired of playing that avi and am much happier as Nathaniel.

One time, I was talking with a minotaur who was hitting on me. Out of curiosity I was encouraging him until he said ‘Prove to me you’re female in real life.” My response? I said “Prove to me you’re a minotaur in real life and I’ll prove to you I’m female in real life” and walked away.

But I don’t regret the time I spent in a female avi. I honestly think it helped me be a better man. It certainly helped me be a better dressed man.

Blah blah blah and more...

Telling? Telling of what? And in case you didn't notice, there are a lot of women in this thread who don't seem to have a problem with it.  I also wonder why you bother being in-world at all if you’re just going to be the same as you are real-world.
My observations from that time are: 
Men are pigs.
Women have better clothing options.
Men are pigs.
Many men will continue hitting on you long after you’ve made it clear to anyone with more than a pre-school education that you aren’t interested, which of course leads to:
Men are pigs.
You need to tread carefully around women, but men are easily fooled.
Men are pigs.